Airtel 4G sucks in Maharashtra!! News flash...aaahhggg

Hello people!

I called in Airtel customer care today for the 4th consecutive day & insisted on speaking to  supervisor or manager.
I got a call back from a supervisor after 15 mins & she checked my phone settings & settings from their end as well. She said she will call back & she called back then asked if I had removed the sim card & installed it & if I restarted the handset. I had done all that & had even reset my network settings & restarted the phone again.
She later took my imei number of my phone & said that she will call back & then later on said that my iPhone 5s was not compatible with Airtel 4G in Maharashtra. That sucks big time!
My phone will latch on to 4G if I was in Bangalore, Mumbai or Hyderabad.
I later asked which frequency/bands does Airtel operate in Maharashtra & she confirmed from somewhere that it operates on 2300Mhz.
I researched on the internet & my phone doesn't support 2300 Mhz band 40 which Airtel operates on.
Now my problem is that I don't even get a 3G connection with my new 4G sim which I used to get with my earlier regular 3G sim.
My phone just shows E sign while connecting on 2G, 3G & LTE.
That is shitty.
Please let me know your reactions or your Airtel experience of the new 4G wave.
Please comment!

Cheers!
Anup

Comments