Internet Settings for Working from Home

 Hello Folks,

Happy Weekend!

I hope everyone is feeling good and safe in this time of Pandemic.

Our lives have changed drastically since the past year and even in India people have shifted to a work from home model.

Many Indians are still working from home (WFH), me included.

I would like to give you guys some tips on improving your productivity and also ideas that may help you guys to get good internet connection.

Firstly lets start with the positioning of your workstation / laptop to get the maximum benefit and also will talk about the ergonomics a bit.

Please concentrate on where you are setting up your home office discreetly

Home Office setup India 4G internet wfh


This room should be in the center of the house and should have good air circulation and if possible adequate sunlight for ideal reading & working condition.

Now the router or the internet hub (Leased line or higher) needs to be setup in this room. Also you will need to place the router on a height to get the signal in all parts of the house. Many people just place the router next to their computers which is not ideal.

Below are the positioning of my 2 routers at my home.

pic1



If you have a desktop or laptop then you can get an ideal wfh setup table online or offline which is ideal. Please let me know if you need suggestions on this?


To get the maximum speed out of your router ideally you must get the LAN connection but it's not ideal for everyone. Now what you can do is call a technician from your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and have him setup your home office for the ideal stable speed.  I would always recommend Airtel Xstream internet anytime as I have a pleasant experience.

isp wfh internet 4G


I have 2 ISPs at my home as me, my wife and my son need internet every time.

I know not many people will like this idea but having 2 ISPs will help you get stable internet connection and even if one is down you can depend on the other.

I have one connection of 50 MBPS upload and download speeds and another is 100 MBPS UL/DL speeds connection. This is proven speeds and experience with them for many years.

Please reach out to me if you need to discuss any points on WFH and internet or any other tech related things. I would love to have a conversation with the world.

Please let me know what should be my next article or what should I blog about next?

Your comments will encourage me to connect with you all.

Wishing all luck and health to my readers!


Cheers!

Anup


Comments

  1. During lockdown we were forced to buy a booster for our router, since it just wasn't handling everyone being at home, but seems to be coping okay now. Perhaps we should have invested in a second ISP - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a smart idea... Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,This idea.could.be.useful to me during lockdown. Thanks anyways for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a useful article & thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you & glad that this was useful to you. Please let me know what should I blog about next?

      Delete

Post a Comment